Dantastic Live at NACCT 2018 . . . &Howard
That’s not a lump of coal in your stocking . . . Join Dan (@drusyniak) &Howard (@heshiegreshie) as they speak with Dr. Dan Rusyniak (@drusyniak) live on stage at the 2018 North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology Pre-Meeting Symposium. Dan cleverly tricked Howard into being the foil for his live presentation. Enjoy a couple of turkey burgers as they discuss MDMA and other amphetamines, brown fat, fatigue and why Dan is going straight away to rat-hell. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year from all of us at Mus Maximus.
Delicious Links (or a brief preview of Dan’s CV . . . )
- What area of the brain mediates exercise-induced fatigue and exhaustion? Very likely the dorsomedial hypothalamus (DMH).
- Just in case you were wondering, inhibition of the DMH decreases hyperthermia and mortality from MDMA given in a warm environment.
- But, you may ask, how does one go about suppressing the MDMA-evoked sympathetic and behavioral responses?
- Running on the treadmill, however, will restore the MDMA-mediated hyperthermia prevented by inhibition of the DMH.
- Running the Indianapolis half-marathon instead of a treadmill? You might wind up taking a bath . . .
- Running the Boston Marathon may put you at risk for hyponatremia . . .
- Ergogenic. adjective Intended to enhance physical performance, stamina, or recovery. As in the ergogenic effect of amphetamine.
- Can you use dantrolene for MDMA-mediated hyperthermia? Nope. Just remember the Dirty on Dantrolene.
- Body temperature regulation involves a homeostatic balance between heat production and dissipation. This review examines cellular mechanisms involved in MDMA-induced thermogenesis.
- Turkey burgers . . . delicious turkey burgers pair well with . . . ?
Thank you for your continued support. As always, we are looking for feedback – comments, questions, suggestions, recipes, etc. Let us know. Reach us at @toxandhound. We want to hear from you!
Interested in #FOAMtox? Like this podcast? Take a gander at The Tox and The Hound. It’s like a podcast, but for your eyes.