A decade of toxicologic history with Dr. Howard McKinney, Jr.
Join Dan (@drusyniak) &Howard (@heshiegreshie) as they turn on, tune in, and drop out with Dr. Howard McKinney, Jr. during the Summer of Love and the “Decade of Tox”. They’ll remind you to always know your chemist, round up your spotters, chill out in the space station, experience the Wall Of Sound and never drink the Flavor-Aid. Strap in for a wild ride.
- A brief history of Rock Medicine.
- Learn more about the Wall of Sound, “the largest, most technologically innovative sound system ever built”, and it’s inventor, Owsley Stanley.
- It’s really all about the music, the likes of which it is unlikely we will experience again.
- After Van Halen, but before morning radio host, find out what David Lee Roth’s perfect job was.
- Ride with the Angels, and one of their founders, Sonny Barger. But be careful, and don’t take a beating, Hunter.
- Opioid crisis got you in a MOUD? An older way of managing opioid addiction – propoxyphene.
- A must read for anyone with an interest in toxicology, The Case of the Frozen Addicts.
- A chemical love story and it’s continuation – PiHKAL and TiHKAL.
- Psychedelics are now medicine. Rick Doblin played a role in that.
- If you weren’t already aware of the People’s Temple, the Jonestown massacre, we’ve got you.
- Stop saying “Drink the Kool-Aid”. It was Flavor-Aid, not Kool-Aid, which was used as a genericized trademark. Give the poor Kool Aid man a break. Although, granted, he is feeding the children his own blood . . .
Thank you for your continued support. As always, we are looking for feedback – comments, questions, suggestions, recipes, etc. Let us know. Reach us at @toxandhound. We want to hear from you!
Thank you to our house band Pretty Simple Duo (@prettysimpleduo), our announcer Josh Shelov (@shelovj), and Reverend Matt Winston of Witness Protection Products. Ad at 32:28 . . . And always, thank you Charlie Pellet, The Most Recognizable Voice in New York!
VW Van “Injustice Anywhere” by Vasilios Muselimis. Music from filmmusic.io: “Glitter Blast” by Kevin MacLeod. License: CC BY. Sound effects from Free Sounds Library, Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0). Cow Moo Sounds, Cow Noises, Running Footsteps, Crowd Sounds , Fly Noise, Water Splash Noise. Additional sound effects from zapsplat.com
Interested in #FOAMtox? Like this podcast? Take a gander at The Tox and The Hound. It’s like a podcast, but for your eyes.